Here's a couple of Tips for getting the best out of your steak!
- Almost a Minute: 1cm thick steaks are thicker than a minute steak... we like to call them a 2 minute steak. Less likely to overcook you simply cook them on a super high heat for 1 minute each side then rest for 1-2 minutes... This will give you perfect medium rare...
- Salting Your Steaks: salt your steaks right before cooking and after patting dry. Leaving salt on for more than a couple ofminutes will draw out the moisture of the steak leaving moisture on the surface which will reduce the chances of a nice crust.
- Add Pepper after Cooking: Pepper burns on high heat so best to add your pepper after cooking.
- Room Temperature: Ensure your steaks are at room temperature, this means bringing your steaks out of the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking and up to 2 hours. Don't worry, there is no way you meat can go off in this time.
- Marinating: We suggest you only marinate you steaks before cooking "if" it is a budget steak. Otherwise, cook it with salt and either post marinade (recipes here) or add the flavour on the plate.
- Criss-Cross Marking: To get the checked chriss-cross marking on your steaks place the steak on an angle onto the grill. if doing a 1cm thick steak then cook for 30 seconds on the angle, turn flat 180 degrees and cook for another 30 seconds then flip the steak and repeat.
- Resting Your Meat: Make sure you rest you steaks for half the time you have cooked it for or at least 2 minutes if a thin steak. This will ensure the juices are retained in the meat and not on the plate. It will also deliver a more tender piece of meat.
- Post Marinating: check out some of our post marinating recipes.